In Abraham Maslow’s hierarchy of needs, food and water are under physiological needs, which are considered basic human necessities to live and survive. This is why eating is mostly part and parcel of life. In fact, humans can only last for about three weeks without food, and for about three days without water.
The problem is that many people aren’t mindful of what they consume, and they only eat what’s on the plate or what is readily available. It is for this reason most people suffer from obesity and have many health problems. This is where hypnotherapy comes into the picture.
In the following section, we’ll cover some unhealthy eating habits, what hypnosis is all about, and how it can improve your eating habits.
What to know about unhealthy eating habits
Before diving deeper into hypnosis, let’s dig further into the underlying causes of bad eating habits. Here are some of the problems:
- Unconscious eating: Given the kind of life you may be living today, you may be eating without giving second thoughts as to what you’re putting into your body.
- Busy lives: Due to the busyness of work and studies, you often do not pay attention to what you’re eating on a regular basis.
- Processed food: A wide variety of foodstuffs have become readily available at your disposal, but most of these are processed foods.
- Coping mechanism: Food has become the comfort zone that you eat when we’re bored, stressed, angry, sad, happy, or experiencing any heightened emotion.
- Downtime habit: Eating has become a downtime habit that you eat to slack off and kill time.
What the role of hypnosis is
Hypnotherapy, in a nutshell, is merely a talking therapy using hypnosis. During the therapy, the hypnotherapist does the talking instead of you doing it. The goal is to lead your subconscious mind into an open state and into a positive light.
As far as eating habits are concerned, hypnosis endeavours to unravel your subconscious mind about eating, resolve underlying issues of eating, flush old, unhealthy habits, and develop new, healthier ones.
How hypnosis impacts eating habits
Many people struggle in losing weight and when they try to carve a healthy lifestyle. Chances are that they resort to food deprivation, irregular eating patterns, food alternatives, and other methods. These will help them lose weight, but the efforts may only be short-term and sometimes even detrimental to one’s health. It is often said that everything starts with the power of the mind. This notion applies in changing eating habits as well, in rising above old habits, and living a healthy lifestyle.
Hypnosis helps by changing your subconscious mind, which automatically changes your behaviour. By using hypnosis to build strong eating habits, you become increasingly conscious about what you eat more and more each day until eating healthily becomes automatic and part of your daily life.
Hypnotherapy actually does more than meets the eye. Through hypnosis, you’ll have a positive outlook about eating, address unhealthy eating habits, and develop healthier ones. Ultimately, you’ll be geared towards living a healthy lifestyle and increasing your quality life!
If you’re seeking ways to improve your eating habits, visit our Hypnotherapy clinic in Leeds today! We’re happy to help.